Three Mason and two Kings players have made The Enquirer’s list of 50 high school seniors to watch from the 2013 class this football season.
The names were based on all-Enquirer, all-district and all-conference stats and recognition from the 2011 season along with team success and college recruiting information this spring/summer.
Mason and Kings players making the list are:
14. Darryl Johnson, Mason: The senior rushed for 1,344 yards and 18 touchdowns for the Comets last season. Johnson, who is 5 feet 10 and 205 pounds, also had 12 receptions for 145 yards and two touchdowns. He was first-team all-Greater Miami Conference last season.
26. Corey Quallen, Mason: The safety has had interest from Wisconsin and Michigan State this summer. Quallen, who is 6 feet 2 and 205 pounds, has multiple Mid-American Conference offers.
35. Elijah Nkansah, Mason: The offensive lineman has offers that include Toledo and Ohio University. He is 6 feet 5 and 305 pounds.
38. Brady Vanover, Kings: The defensive lineman had 16 sacks and 90 tackles in the regular season. He was Division II second-team all-state and FAVC Cardinal co-defensive player of the year.
44. Evan Berg, Kings: The kicker was an Enquirer Divisions II-VI first-team all-area selection last season. He was Division II third-team all-state and first-team all-FAVC Cardinal. He was 48 of 49 on extra points and 16 of 23 on field goals including a long of 47 yards.
To see the full list, go to The Recruiting Trail blog.