Sue Kiesewetter reports:
Warren County’s Convention and Visitors Bureau’s marketing team has won 11 awards for its efforts.
The team won eight first-place Middy awards from the Ohio Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus and three Ruby – Recognizing Uncommon Brilliance – awards from the Ohio Tourism Society.
“Tourism is the number one industry in Warren County,’’ said Sally Derrick, director of marketing for the bureau. “Our marketing efforts always are developed with one goal in mind – to promote overnight visits to Warren County, Ohio’s largest playground. We are honored to be recognized.”
The first place Middy awards were for:
- Direct mail: a postcard as part of the Drive a Little, Play a Lot campaign.
- Print display ad: as part of the Drive a Little, Play a Lot campaign in the Oprah magazine.
- Print brochure or flyer: for a flyer advertising the Getaway Packages from Mild to Wild.
- Destination visitors guide: for the 2012 Warren County Visitors Guide.
- Promotional campaign for a special event: the Win with Ohio’s Largest Playground campaign, coordinated with Fox 8 News in Cleveland.
- E-newsletter: for the 2012 consumer e-newsletter.
- Social media marketing: for the leap year promotion, Extra Day to Play.
- Promotional video: for the Warren County video campaign, hosted on YouTube.
The Ruby awards were:
- First place in the direct mail postcard category for the Drive a Little, Play a Lot campaign.
- Second place Citation of Excellence award for the 2012 consumer e-newsletter.
- Delegates Choice Award for the Drive a Little, Play a Lot direct mail postcard.