Coats, hats, gloves and scarves can be dropped off at several Warren County locations for the annual St. Vincent de Paul coat drive which runs through Dec. 1.
“There will be many families this winter who will struggle to provide basics such as food, shelter and heat. For some of them, buying warm coats is a luxury that can be easy for many to take for granted,” said Liz Carter, executive director of St. Vincent de Paul. “No families should have to suffer through winter without coats to keep them warm, especially when there are young children.”
The drive is co-sponsored by WLWT-TV and Gold Star Chili. City Dash is providing pick-up and delivery service. Coats are need for all age groups from infants through adults.
The goal, organizers say, is to collect 4,000 new or gently used coats by Dec. 1.
Volunteers are also needed to help sort and hang the coats as well as assisting on distribution days. Volunteers can call 513-562-8841×211
Coats and other items can be dropped off:
- Gold Star: 471 Wards Corner Road, Loveland; 1295 Hamilton-Lebanon Road, Monroe; 2930 Towne Blvd., Middletown; 8150 Arbor Square Der., Mason; 17 U.S. 22/Ohio 3, Hamilton Twp.; and 10 Dave Ave., Lebanon.
- Loveland-Symmes Fire Department: 9425 Loveland-Madeira Road, 8871 Weekly Lane, 126 S. Lebanon Road, and 100 E. Loveland Ave.
- Mason Fire Department: 4420 Mason-Montgomery Road and 5500 Cedar Village Drive.
- Northeast Pediatrics: 8185 Corporate Way in Deerfield Township and 986 Belvedere Drive in Lebanon.
- Stor-All Self Service: 3242 Montgomery Road, Loveland.