John Kiesewetter reports:
Watching that “Brady Bunch” show from Kings Island got me thinking about all the long-gone rides at the park. Can you help me list them all?
I was surprised how many rides are gone. Of course there were the Sky Ride and Antique Cars, but I didn’t remember the Canoe ride, where people padded over to an island with the Indian tepees.
- Photos: The Brady Bunch at Kings Island
The vast empty spaces at Kings Island from the “Brady Bunch” aerial shots showed how the park had grown and changed over 40 years. The Bradys were there before Lion Country Safari opened (in 1974).
Below is my list of long-gone rides from the “Brady Bunch” episode. There are so many other rides that have come and gone since then, like the King Cobra stand-up coaster or Sky Lab. Can you add to my list?
- Double-decker parking lot bus
- Sky Ride
- Giant Slide
- Flying Eagle
- Wooden Shoe spinning ride
- Halley’s Comet spinning ride
- Wheel of Fortune spinning ride, like a big roulette wheel
- Spinning Barrel ride (like the Disney Tea Cups, but barrels)
What were your favorite rides and attractions that are no longer there?