Carolyn Washburn is the editor and vice president of The Enquirer.
Tablets like the iPad are a terrific new way for us to present for you the unique content Enquirer journalists produce. Photos are stunning on the full screen. Videos are easy and more compelling (especially with the extra sound if you have a wireless speaker). And stories are easy to read, swiping right to left to move from one story to the next.
Knowing that thousands of you will get a tablet for Christmas, we have prepared some content for you to enjoy on your new toy.
Download the Cincinnati.com app for the tablet. Add it to your home screen for convenience. Then settle into a comfy spot and enjoy. The top five features on our app on Tuesday are special for Christmas Day:
• On Christmas Day, watch the video story of young Maria Valentina Almeida Vazquez, in Cincinnati and far from home for medical treatment, blessing us with her exquisite solo performance of “Ave Maria.” Read Mark Curnutte’s beautiful story. Both brought tears to my eyes.
• Swipe through our photojournalists’ favorite photos of the year.
• Swipe through Polly Campbell’s favorite restaurant dishes of 2012.
• See Cincinnati.com’s top stories of the year.
• Swipe through the Associated Press’ best national and international photos of the year.
Every day of this holiday week, we’ll bring you some special content right at the top of the app to help you enjoy the news and information we provide in ways that take advantage of your tablet experience.