The Kiwanis Club of Mason recently honored seven Mason students as Students of the Year.
This year’s honorees are:
- Norah Nodley, first grade, Mason Early Childhood Center
- Olivia Curry, third grade, Mason Heights Elementary
- Matthew Fulton, third grade, Western Row Elementary
- Bradley Tripp, sixth grade, Mason Intermediate
- Maria Bonino, eighth grade, St. Susanna School
- Brandon Borgemenke, eighth grade, Mason Middle School
- Taylor Spaeth, senior, Mason High School
Students, who were selected on the basis of academic excellence and character, were honored at a recent luncheon at the Houston Inn. They also received $150 and a honorary plaque.
“The Student of the Year Awards are particularly special for our club because it is an opportunity to recognize kids in our community who embody what we as Kiwanians stand for,” said Tracy Carson, Mason Kiwanis president.
“We share the pride that their parents and schools feel about their accomplishments, and look forward to great things from each one of these seven young men and women.”