Shauna Steigerwald reports:
It’s that time again, when the Beast will roar across its wooden track at close to highway speed; the Diamondback will plunge down its 215-drop even faster; and Snoopy and friends will greet kids and the young at heart.
Kings Island, a warm-weather tradition for many Greater Cincinnatians, opens Saturday, with daily operations resuming May 10, the earliest the park has ever been open daily.
In addition to their favorite thrill rides, visitors will have a few new things to see, do and eat this year. Read on to find out about some of the park’s newest attractions.
- Take our Kings Island quiz!
- Photos: What’s new at Kings Island
- What’s new: Kings Island adds dinosaurs, Reds and German fare
- First look: Reds Hall of Fame Grille
- We tried it: KI’s new Reds-themed restaurant
- From Retro: The lost rides of Kings Island
- Photos: Kings Island through the years