The Ursuline Academy Dance Team brought back several first and second place trophies last month from the Showcase America Unlimited State and National championships.
The 37-member team includes three Mason residents: Courtney Arand, Audrey Seminara and Megan Toomb.
This is the third year the team has won state and national titles. The team placed in the following categories:
- First Place Ohio State Championship – Pom
- First Place National Championship – Pom
- Second Place Ohio State and National Championship – Kick
- Second Place Ohio State and National Championship – Production
- Gold medalist – Senior AAA for all routines; highest score of the day in Senior Division for all senior teams (regardless of size or category) at State and Nationals portion of competition with Pom routine.
Team director Brenda Elmore said team members not only grew as dancers, but also developer greater class, sportsmanship and kindness qualities.
“The entire season completely surpassed my expectations,” said Elmore. “The team made a commitment from day one to practice and compete at a higher level. We never wavered in the pursuit of that goal. My hope is that this season will forever remain etched in their minds.”
Posted in: Sports |